Despite its small population, Alna is rich in both historic and natural resources that are available to residents and visitors alike
The town of Alna has two designated historic districts, the Sheepscot Historic District and the Head Tide Historic District , along with many well preserved early homes.
Friends of the Head Tide Church( FHTC ) oversee maintenance and management of the Head Tide Church. Built in 1838, the church sits high on a hill overlooking the Sheepscot River in Head Tide and is available to rent for weddings , concerts and special events.
The Alna Meetinghouse, Center School, and Village School at Puddledock, are owned by the town. A caretaker oversees the maintenance and the management of use and visitation for these three buildings. See links below for more details.
Covering more than 20 square miles of forest and farmland along the Sheepscot River, Alna is a beautiful rural community in any season. Visitors and residents can enjoy access to the Sheepscot River at several places, as well as trails at the Bass Falls and Trout Brook preserves, operated and maintained by the Midcoast Conservancy.